Skip to main content

Blog Journal #3

 Hello! Today I will be talking about copyright, fair use, technology implementation issues, and new skills I have acquired. To begin copyright is the legal protection of any property someone creates. It means that if you create something you have the right to use it and distribute it if you want to. Fair use is when you copy anything for a limited purpose and this can be for school, noncommercial, and more. As a future educator, it is important that anything you create is registered and protected. As for using other things in the classroom students and educators cannot use copyrighted works without permission. It is ok to use things created by yourself or students but you cannot use pirated or copied programs, photocopies of an entire textbook, and more. 

Secondly, I will discuss technology implementation issues. Cyberbullying is the act of bullying a person over electric communication. Cyberbullying affects many students every day but there are things we can do as educators to solve it. Schools can set up privacy settings on laptops, and educators can teach students to be kind to one another and to think before they post. Finally, educators can teach students what to keep personal and what to share. Another issue is Academic dishonesty which is fraudulent activity by students. Some examples include cheating on tests, quoting word for word without citing, copying other students' work, etc. To prevent academic dishonesty educators can warn students of the consequences and they can also make sure to ask students to place their backpacks in the front of the classroom and walk around during work time.

Finally, I will be discussing new skills I have acquired from working on my Newsletter Design assignment. From this assignment, I learned how to wrap text and images. I also learned how to take off text outlines and backgrounds and insert photos. For my future newsletter, I hope to insert more photos and align the text better. However, I am very proud of my first newsletter. 



Comments

  1. Hi Serena! I think your blog is super interesting regarding how to help minimize the effects of cyberbullying. Since technology started to become more popular, it's been a huge problem within the teaching community. I really enjoyed your ideas of placing bags in the front of the classroom and teaching them how to be kind. I think another way that would work is having the students get to know one another! Cyberbullying stems from anonymity, so having the students interact with each other and see them as people could help. Also, your blog journal is so cute!! I did a similar Halloween design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serena, your newsletter looks great! I think the ways you discuss to prevent cyberbullying and academic dishonesty could be very effective!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #8

 When designing my website I learned many new and helpful skills. For instance, I learned how to align text which ultimately makes the page more organized. I also learned how to attach a link to text that opens a separate tab or takes you to the different sections on my website. Finally, I learned how to embed a Google Calendar into my website. Overall, I had such a fun time creating my website because I got to get creative! I also get to use these skills I learned in the future when I am creating an actual website for my students and parents.  https://verduzcomath.weebly.com/ I also learned new skills when working with Diigo. I learned how to highlight content on any page and also add comments to them. It is extremely helpful to mark important stuff and write why I marked them. I also learned to bookmark, search, organize, and share discussions. In the future, this application can be extremely useful in my classroom because students can organize their work better and share it with pee

Blog Journal #5

Since signing up for Twitter I have used different sources that have helped me to communicate and stay connected with tweets from informal educators and school systems. Tweets are messages that can contain photos, links, videos, text boxes with information, and more. On Twitter, you can retweet, reply, mention someone, use hashtags, follow someone, and direct message someone. The reason I had to create a Twitter for this class was so I can publicly post using #fsu2040 or #edtech or more for my tweet having to do with the topics discussed in class. I also have been able to interact with informal teachers or school systems that have been beneficial for me as a future educator. I have been able to learn information on how to make the "perfect" PowerPoint for students and how to register it for copyright. I have learned much more as well but that is just one example. I am sure Twitter will continue to be a valuable resource for me as I continue my journey to becoming a teacher si